Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Snooping Around

When we say the phrase snooping around, usually this means someone or something is up to no good.

There's an old saying, if you look for trouble, you'll find trouble. That's why my cat is always getting his nose where it doesn't belong.

FREE! Try before you buy TEFL Training Course

Let's look at an example where we can use Snooping around.
My neighbor always liked to snoop around when we weren't at home. Every time we came home, we always found him in our backyard looking around. I have no idea why he was snooping around for, but something tells me he was looking to steal...
We can replace snooping around with looking around without a problem. It's just snooping around sounds more descriptive.
The best example I can give is the picture below. Cats are very curious creatures. They always have to get into everything. Usually they take their time too.


I'm not snooping around, I am just doing my routine inspection

No comments:

Post a Comment