Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

It's my bread and butter

Usually in expressing ourselves we like to say things to give us a little bit of imagination, or make people think of something in a different way.

My bread and butter comes from the staple root in history. Everyone has to have bread with their meal, and butter, well you need to put butter on the bread to make it more tasty. 
When we say this idiom, we mean that this is our main source of income. Our BREAD, our BUTTER. That's all we have aunt Ann. Don't take our chickens next. Those darn chicken thieves, can't grow their own chickens and get eggs themselves.

However, it's not good to tell people this. When you tell people your bread and butter, you make yourself look poor and pity. I'd tell it to someone in private, but not on the internet! Especially on your tutoring profile!

I'll give you a sample of what was taken from this girl's profile. I will block the name though.


When I read this, I am thinking this poor little girl makes all of her money on just TOEFL? How sad. Even if she does, it's not something you say to the world.

You don't tell people you're poor just because you're poor. Remember I said, some things you keep to yourself.

My humble advice, if you don't understand the true meaning of something, don't use it, even if you think it will make you look smarter....