Pages

Friday, May 22, 2020

Slacking Off

We use the term slacking off when our employees or co-workers become lazy and just don't have that ambition anymore. They're some people who want the job title, but don't want to work for that Job Title. I know of these people.

Try the highest-rated TEFL course...for FREE!

The word slack means excess, too much of it. Sometimes if someone needs more of something they will say 'give me more slack'. For example.

There is also a program called Slack, but I am not sure why they choose the name Slack. Does it mean you can slack more if you use their software because it makes you more efficient. 

Or is it just one of those names more unique than Microsoft Teams.


Now we have everything from Slack, to Slacker, Slacking Off, what about The Slack Man.

Let's look at an example of how we can use slacking off.

I always use to slack off when I worked at a fast food joint. Why should I pick up the pace when I work for minimum wage. I never worked hard a day in my life, until they installed security cameras in the cooking area. Then I couldn't slack off or else I'd be fired faster. I need to keep my job until the end of the year.

Here is a video showing why it's not good to slack off in high school. You may do this for your whole entire life. Once a slacker, always a slacker.

No comments:

Post a Comment