Pages

Monday, March 6, 2017

Just a friendly reminder

I had my profile listed somewhere on a site about English lessons that I offer to people related in the I.T field. At the time someone added me to Skype because my Skype I.D was on there, and I did not make that posting.

I told the person that I was a little busy with corporate customers and I had no time  to spare.

The person told me "Just a friendly reminder, you should remove your posting when you're not available". A friendly reminder? What if it's not friendly? Are you going to drop bombs on my house??

Usually we use this phrase when someone has authority in the response given. For example "Just a friendly reminder, you have an outstanding bill of xxx dollars." The person giving the reminder is usually someone from the billing department.

Now if it wasn't friendly they could say "Pay now $200 or else we will come and get you!!" I don't think the second is so friendly.


I don't understand why the person used this phrase with me. I thought for a second she was the big boss of the forum. Just another captain commando as they say.


1 comment:

  1. Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff...I think you've made some truly interesting points.Keep up the good work
    hire a skip bin near me
    Rubbish Bin Hire

    ReplyDelete